Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 166
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Whisk cornstarch, chipotle pepper, and salt together in a large bowl. Place chicken wings into the chili mixture; stir until wings are evenly coated. Arrange wings about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden on top, about 30 minutes; turn wings over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven; drizzle with maple syrup. Return wings to the oven and bake until deeply golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add the maple syrup near the end of the cooking time or the sugars may burn.
- Use a large spoon to toss the chicken wings in the dry ingredients; chipotle powder can burn.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 7.4 14.2 10.2 32 227 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
Family loved the spicy and sweet combination..definitely added to our menu for get together soon.
I made these following the recipe for a Super Bowl party. 10 lbs. of wings and they were gone! I will say they were very hot so if I increase the recipe again I will reduce the chipotle powder ...
We loved, Loved LOVED these wings!!! i chickened out on the full amt of chipotle powder and used only 1/2 tbsp. next time i'll do 1.5 tbsp! i love the sweet heat this recipe has to offer. i coo...
My family enjoyed these wings, first time I ever made homemade wings! I made 4 lbs of wings and reduced chipotle powder to 2 tbsps, will use 1 1/2 tbsps next time as I am a heat wimp. Baked on p...
So good! Crispy without deep frying. Served with ranch dressing on the side.
I made these tonight and they were so good! I didn't have dried chipotle powder and instead used dried Thai chili power. Otherwise, I did everything else exactly as written. Wow - I about burned...
I've baked wingettes using this recipe, a few times in the last 6 months. Added a different spin this past Saturday for my Memorial day weekend BBQ. Barbecue! Give the Chipotle and other seasoni...
I would make these again. Very easy no frying, just a few ingredients and they really are tasty,