Cheddar Biscuits with Chive Butter
Ingredients35 m servings 228 cals
- Beat softened butter, chives, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until well-combined and smooth.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Cut cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles oatmeal. Add Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Stir buttermilk into flour mixture until dough is just-moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and gently knead until dough comes together, about 6 to 8 times. Roll dough into a 9-inch square (1/2 inch thick) with a floured rolling pin. Cut dough lengthwise into 4 strips and crosswise into 6 strips. Place biscuits on a baking sheet and brush tops with beaten egg.
- Bake biscuits in the preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool until warm, at least 15 minutes. Serve with chive butter.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute hot sauce for the cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Chive butter can be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Biscuit dry mixture (with butter and cheeses, but not buttermilk) can be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled, covered
Per Serving: 228 calories; 14.6 g fat; 17.7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 378 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I saw these in the allrecipes magazine this week and immediately knew that I needed to add them to the Breakfast Baskets that I was making for the preschool teachers during National Teacher's We...
Tasted Great! I rolled the outside of dough square a bit too thin before cutting so the outer pieces a bit more dense, but the middle biscuits were perfect and had the fluffiest texture! They ne...