Ingredients45 m servings 282
- Heat coconut oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot coconut oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato paste and garlic with the onion; cook and stir until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle flour over the onion mixture and stir to incorporate; add vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, chopped basil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and bay leaf. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the tomatoes are completely softened, about 20 minutes.
- Turn heat below pot off. Remove and discard bay leaf. Pour soup into a blender. Hold lid in place and pulse blender a few times to get mixture moving before leaving on to blend into a puree; pour pureed soup into the pot and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir coconut milk into pureed soup until the color is consistent; heat until the soup is warmed. Season soup with sea salt and garnish with fresh basil sprigs.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can replace fresh basil with 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- Make sure your ingredients are all gluten-free, if you wish to make it gluten-free.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 22.7 20.1 4.7 0 541 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Hands down, the BEST tomato soup I've ever made! Thank you. Recipe is perfect!
Our family loved it—and I didn’t even have all the ingredients, so dried basil and almond milk were my substitutes for fresh basil and coconut cream. Thanks for sharing—I’ve been wanting a DF/GF...
very nice flavor! I added an Italian mix seasoning. I will add this one to my collection. Thanks for submitting it.