Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 121
- Stir milk, 4 1/2 tablespoons shortening, sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Cool until mixture is lukewarm.
- Pour water into a bowl and sprinkle yeast over the top. Let stand until yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam, about 5 minutes; stir. Stir milk mixture into yeast mixture until smooth.
- Beat 2 1/4 cups flour into yeast mixture until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining flour until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place dough in an oiled bowl, brush with melted shortening, cover the bowl with a clean towel, and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in volume, about 2 hours.
- Punch dough down and form into 24 rolls. Place rolls on a lightly greased baking dish, cover with a towel, and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 121 calories; 3 20.4 2.8 < 1 222 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
These were a breeze using the bread machine to make the dough. I skipped scalding the milk, and just combined it with the water. I'm not sure what I missed out on by doing this, but these turn...
I used butter in place of shortening. And, (after I post a picture) you will see that I rolled most in knot rolls the best I could. These turned out great! Very much a dinner roll and paired gre...
Very good! I followed the recipe exactly, and even at 7,000 feet elevation, didn’t have to change a thing. I’ll be making these again!
I followed the recipe as is and they have turned out great ever time. The family gives it