Cocoa-Coconut Granola Bars
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 225
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Spread rolled oats, flax seed meal, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, and chia seeds onto a baking sheet.
- Toast oats mixture in preheated oven, stirring every 5 minutes, until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine honey, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut extract, ground cinnamon, and salt together in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Stir cocoa powder into the honey mixture until dissolved.
- Mix toasted oat mixture and the honey mixture in a large bowl and stir until the dry ingredients are coated; spread into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool bars in pan for 10 minutes, immediately cut into squares, and remove from pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe is very versatile. You can add dried fruits, chocolate chips, or other grains and spices.
- The sweeteners are interchangeable as well. My favorite combo is half raw agave nectar and half maple syrup, but you can even use maple syrup.
Per Serving: 225 calories; 10.8 30.8 4.6 0 103 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great recipe. Very healthy granola bar. Everyone loved it. By accident, I let the honey mixture come to a boil, which results in a crunchy granola bar - which my husband quite liked. So dependin...
I really wanted something chocolate but wanted a healthier alternative, so I gave this recipe a try. This granola recipe was pretty good. I modified to my own taste by omitting the brown sugar a...
I love homemade granola bars. And these were wonderful! Loved that they were "lighter" than some others. And the choc/coconut combo was great! Thanks so much for sharing!