Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 539 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sour cream, orange juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix pineapple, chicken, celery, apple, grapes, and green onions together in a bowl. Stir orzo and dressing into pineapple mixture. Gently fold oranges into salad and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any combination of fruit or substitute lemon juice for orange juice for different flavor. Use any pasta in place of orzo. Combinations are endless.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 days. Right before serving, sprinkle with salted pumpkin seeds and garnish with a few fresh mint leaves.
Per Serving: 539 calories; 18.9 g fat; 69.8 g carbohydrates; 26.1 g protein; 66 mg cholesterol; 501 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Excellent. I was looking for a chicken salad recipe similar to one at a favorite local restaurant, and with a few minor additions it was just right. I used reduced-fat mayo and added a tbsp of...