Gluten-Free Vegan Carrot Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"Do you love carrot cake, but cannot eat dairy or eggs, or even have a gluten allergy? Then this cake is for you. Even if you are just trying to be more health conscious but have a sweet tooth, this cake has a sweet flavor and is more healthy than any other! Cool completely before frosting."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 328 cals
Original recipe yields 9 servings (1 9-inch square cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9-inch square pan.
- Mix rice flour, sugar, potato starch, tapioca starch, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Add pineapple, 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, yogurt, carrots, walnuts, coconut, applesauce, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to flour mixture; mix with a wooden spoon until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Pecans can be substituted for walnuts, if desired.
- Any non-dairy yogurt can be substituted for the soy yogurt.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 10.8 g fat; 55.9 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 428 mg sodium. Full nutrition