Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 56 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste using a mortar and pestle; transfer to a food processor. Add roasted red peppers and 1 tablespoon oil; pulse just until a coarse puree forms. Transfer red pepper spread to a bowl and stir in basil, vinegar, sugar, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Arrange bread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake bread slices in the preheated oven, turning once, until golden, about 25 minutes. Cool crostini on a rack.
- Top each crostini with 3/4 tablespoon red pepper spread just before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Crostini can be toasted 4 hours ahead and kept at room temperature. Red pepper spread can be made 2 days ahead and kept chilled and covered.
Per Serving: 56 calories; 3.7 g fat; 5 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 521 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1