Paleo Candied Hot Roasted Pecan Bits
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 239
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Put pecans in a resealable bag and pound into small pieces.
- Mix bacon drippings, palm sugar, sea salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Add pecans to the bowl and stir to coat using a spatula. Spread coated pecan pieces onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until pecans are toasted and fragrant, about 1 hour. Cool to room temperature and stir in an air-tight container.
- Cook's Notes:
- Store extra bacon fat in ice cube trays and freeze for bacon fat on hand.
- I used bacon drippings from nitrate-free bacon.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 24.9 4.7 2.7 3 115 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Bacon, pecans, and cayenne pepper...what's not to love here! I'd leave them whole though, the bits are just too crumb-like. Thanks for the recipe.
I just made these and they are yummy! I left pecan halfs whole, and sprinkled pinches of the coconut sugar when I removed them from oven, only because I don't like a lot of sweetness to my food....
This recipe has a really great combination of flavors. I think they blend well together. I like my half pecans, so I ignored the direction to smash them up. I ended up taking them out at 45 minu...