Ingredients45 m servings 151 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 8x4x2-inch bread pans.
- Blend beets and reserved liquid in a blender until smooth.
- Beat pureed beets, sugar, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix flour cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; add to the beet mixture and stir into a smooth batter. Fold chocolate chips into the batter. Pour batter into prepared bread pans to about 3/4-full.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 151 calories; 6.6 g fat; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 171 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this as is except I used fresh cooked beets and some water (and maybe a little more chocolate chips). I wonder if I screwed up the proportions though as I was only able to fill my 3 loaf...
I made it according to the recipe and it has a bit of an earthy after tone. I think next time I would reduce the juice from the beet can and use water to purée the beets. The cake is super moi...
I think this is the best thing I've ever made. I use fresh beets (boiled, about 2) instead of canned. I also use some extra chocolate chips. Freezes well and if you don't know there are red beet...
Doubled chocolate chips and split between brown sugar and refined.