Ingredients55 m servings 285
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels.
- Mix flour, white sugar, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt together in a bowl. Beat coffee, buttermilk, eggs, canola oil, and 1 fluid ounce whiskey together in a separate large bowl. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet until combined into a batter.
- Crumble approximately half of the cooked bacon into the batter and stir; divide batter evenly between the lined muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1 fluid ounce whiskey together in a small bowl; spread over the top of the cooled cupcakes. Crumble remaining bacon and sprinkle over the frosted cupcakes.
Per Serving: 285 calories; 15.5 33.1 4.9 36 334 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Always check your GF flour mix. Many now come with xanthan gum mixed in. You won't need extra if so. The big problem with the recipe is the frosting. With an ounce of whiskey and only one cup ...
The only good thing was they were fluffy and moist! I would use this for a chocolate cupcake omitting whiskey and bacon, adding a bit more sugar. Where did the 5 stars come from!
These turned out great! Fluffy and delicious. Definitely recommend. :)