Ingredients35 m servings 181
- Mix peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture atop each of 30 vanilla wafer cookie and top with another cookie to make 30 sandwiches.
- Mix chocolate chips and shortening together in the bowl a double-boiler, cooking and stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, 5 to 7 minutes; remove from heat.
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper. Dip each cookie sandwich in melted chocolate to coat and place onto waxed paper.
- Refrigerate cookies until the chocolate hardens, 15 to 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 11.4 18.8 3.7 0 87 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made these cookies for a bake sale. Unfortunately the chocolate seized on me when I was melting. I had some vanilla melts so I used them as a coating instead. They were good, but I likely won'...
If I make this and the peanut butter haystacks again, I will definitely wear gloves! And I would buy a dipping fork.