Spicy Beer-Infused BBQ Sauce
Ingredients9 h 45 m servings 151 cals
- Stir beer and jalapenos together in a glass of ceramic bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Stir beer mixture, ketchup, vinegar, honey, onion, carrots, lemon juice, black pepper, and mustard together in a saucepan; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until flavors combine, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Blend ketchup mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Cook's Notes:
- The carrots might seem weird, but they add sweetness without having to add sugar. You may substitute 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup white sugar for the honey and carrots.
- If you don not like your BBQ sauce spicy, simply leave out the jalapenos.
- This recipe is perfect for making pulled pork sandwiches! Simply pour over a pork roast and let cook on Low for 8 hours in a slow cooker. Shred the roast and put on buns for a laughably easy and delicious mid week meal!
Per Serving: 151 calories; 0.5 g fat; 36.3 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 701 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I used New Belgium 1554 and it turned out fantastic. Was pleased it wasn't too hot as others frequently have a problem with that. Has a great zing!
This turned out good. A little sweet but good. I really liked the beer/jalapeno combo and the way the flavors came through. Next time I will cut back on the honey which will make the sauce thinn...