Sweet and Spicy Sausage Balls
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 273 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (100 sausage balls)
- Roll sausage into 100 very small balls using no more than 1 1/2 teaspoons meat per ball.
- Stir red wine vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ground ginger together in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until beginning to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Fry sausage balls in batches in the hot skillet until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes per batch. Remove cooked sausage balls with a slotted spoon to the saucepan and stir into the sauce to coat.
- Cook's Notes:
- For less spice, use sweet Italian sausage. For a compromise, mix equal parts of sweet and hot italian sausage.
- These keep warm quite nicely in a miniature slow cooker, if serving at a gathering.
Per Serving: 273 calories; 17.1 g fat; 17.5 g carbohydrates; 12.3 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 983 mg sodium. Full nutrition