Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 584
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot; add 1 bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Cover potatoes with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot. Mash potatoes with 8 ounces milk and 1/4 cup butter until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Spread olive oil into the bottom of a 12-inch square baking dish.
- Combine remaining 20 ounces milk and 1 bay leaf in a large, deep saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook haddock, salmon, and smoked fish, working in batches if needed, until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes. Remove fish from milk and separate into chunks on a work surface. Arrange fish and shrimp in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, reserving milk.
- Pour the milk used to cook the fish into a measuring cup, adding more if needed to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Heat remaining butter in the same large saucepan over low heat; slowly whisk flour into melted butter until smooth. Add the 2 1/2 cups milk, leek, parsley, scallions, and mustard; simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour milk mixture over fish and shrimp and top with the mashed potatoes, spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling around the corners and lightly browned, 30 to 45 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 584 calories; 25.8 47.8 39.8 185 371 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
My Mum and I were chatting. just this weekend. about fish pie. It was a regular at our home in Wales. This is a lovely, basic recipe that you'll soon perfect with tastes if your own. And eve...