Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 489
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine butter and hot sauce in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl and lightly dip shrimp into the cornstarch.
- Fry shrimp, working in batches, in the hot oil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Add shrimp to the butter-hot sauce and allow to sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If taking to get-together, just leave the shrimp in the sauce mix and make sure it stays warm.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the cornstarch. The actual amount consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 489 calories; 29.9 29.7 24.2 282 1160 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The oil needs to be on high. The crust was a little mushy because the oil wasn’t hot enough