Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 310
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Trim greens and stems from beets. Thoroughly wash and chop greens and stems. Peel and cut beets into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Bring beets, chicken broth, leeks, celery root, carrots, and parsnips to a boil in a large pot. Add potatoes, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir beet greens and stems into soup and simmer until greens and stems are tender, about 5 minutes. Mix sugar, lemon juice, and salt into soup.
- Stir sour cream and flour together in a bowl until smooth and thickened. Whisk 1 cup soup into sour cream mixture until smooth; pour sour cream mixture into soup and stir. Simmer soup until thickened slightly, about 1 minute. Add dill and remove pot from heat. Ladle soup into serving bowls and arrange 4 egg quarters in each bowl.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this soup up to 3 days ahead. Cool the soup uncovered, then cover and chill. Reheat, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat. Wait to add the lemon juice until just before serving, otherwise it will turn your veggies a grayish-khaki color as they sit in the fridge.
- Vegetable broth can be used in place of chicken broth, if desired.
Per Serving: 310 calories; 9 44 15 222 903 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It was delicious! I didn't have parsnips but used extra carrots and potatoes. I didn't add sugar and found it didn't need it because of the sweetness of the beets. I will definitely make it agai...