Sesame Jellyfish Salad
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"I learned to love sesame-flavoured jellyfish from having it at Chinese banquets growing up. Now I make this variation of jellyfish salad with chopped or grated veggies and a spicy sesame sauce. This makes a refreshing and delicious side dish or Chinese-style shared dish. Jellyfish is flavourless, but it is delightfully crunchy and lends itself to various flavour combinations. Serve chilled or at room temperature."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 148
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse and drain jellyfish; place into a bowl.
- Whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, chili oil, and ginger together in a small bowl; stir into jellyfish and marinate 15 minutes.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium-low heat; toast until golden, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cilantro and green onions into jellyfish mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can buy ready-to-eat bagged jellyfish at Asian markets. It is best to use the kind that is simply brined rather than salted; if the bag comes with a packet of seasoning, discard the seasoning or use it for something else. If you find a package of jellyfish that has not been shredded, follow the instructions for rinsing and preparing it.
- You can add anything you want to the salad in addition to or instead of the scallions and cilantro. My other variations include grated carrot, ribbons of cucumber, and crushed peanuts. Use your imagination and experiment!
Per Serving: 148 calories; 13.6 2.7 4.5 3 6271 Full nutrition