Ingredients1 h servings 135
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into 2 1/2- x 1 1/2-inch egg shapes. (Or, coat insides of plastic snap-apart Easter eggs with cooking spray. Press cereal mixture into eggs. Remove cereal mixture from plastic eggs.) Cool.
- In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip bottoms of cereal eggs into chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Best if served the same day.
- * or substitute 4 cups JET-PUFFED miniature marshmallows
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 135 calories; 5.7 22.3 1.1 4 85 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
My kids and I just made these and they turned out AMAZING! We microwaved the butter and marshmallows however with 2 batches so we could use food coloring to give the eggs color. We used 1 1/2 t...
Fun and easy, grease hands as well as the plastic egg. Less is best when using the chocolate. Feel free to wipe some chocolate off with the back of spoon. Sprinkles will still stick but it's the...
Really easy. Just molded the eggs by hand. Melted a bag of hershey kisses with the shortening and dipped the krispy eggs in that. Really easy, really cute, and who doesn't love krispy treats?