Ingredients1 h servings 202 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Gradually stir in grits; cook on low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add butter, garlic powder and pepper; stir until butter is completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Beat eggs in small bowl until blended. Add small amount of hot grits; mix well. Gradually add to remaining grits mixture in pan, stirring constantly until blended.
- Pour into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with VELVEETA.
- Bake 40 min. Let stand 10 min. before serving.
- For Stronger Garlic Flavor:
- Substitute 1 minced garlic clove for the garlic powder.
- This is a great side dish to serve as part of a breakfast or brunch buffet.
- To Double:
- Prepare as directed, doubling all ingredients and substituting a 13x9-inch baking dish for the 8-inch square baking dish. Makes 16 servings.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 10.6 g fat; 18.6 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 467 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I have made a similar recipe minus the Velveeta, I use real grated cheddar cheese, so much better!
Making this recipe for years minus the cayenne and using one stick of butter. I'm always asked to bring this to family functions.
I've made this many times and it's fabulous. I sometimes use half Velveeta and half sharp white Vermont cheddar, or all Velveeta in the grits and sprinkle shredded white cheddar on top. Also, ...
turned out great, the family loved it. I mixed the Velveeta up in the hot grits and sprinkled cheddar cheese on top.
This was delicious . I wasn't sure when it came out of the over, but boy was I surprised. I added minced garlic instead of the garlic powder and put roasted red peppers on top. The only thing...
My hubs loves velveeta and I do too. We were raised on the stuff. This little recipe was easy and goes well with grilled shrimp.