Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 802
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Cook and stir almonds in a skillet over medium high heat until fragrant and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add enough water to reserved strawberry liquid to equal 1 cup liquid.
- Stir 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually stir strawberry liquid into sugar mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is clear and thick, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir strawberries and almonds into sugar mixture.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk milk, eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Slice bread at 1 1/2-inch intervals about 3/4 of the way through. Cut a slit in the center of each slice to form a pocket, and fill each pocket with 1 rounded tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture. Separate slices from loaf by cutting each slice the rest of the way through the loaf.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture to coat completely.
- Melt butter on a griddle over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook bread slices on preheated griddle until golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes per side. Serve French toast with strawberry-almond mixture.
You might also like
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the bread-coating and strawberry sauce ingredients. The actual amount of the coating and strawberry sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 802 calories; 31.5 107.3 22.9 171 998 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I am only rating the sauce part of this recipe. I needed a strawberry sauce recipe for a cheese cake and only had a 16oz bag of frozen strawberries so I did a search for frozen strawberries and ...