Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 75
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt 24 ounces chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Mix cream cheese, coffee granules, and water into melted chocolate until smooth. Chill chocolate mixture until firm enough to shape, about 30 minutes.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill truffles until firm, at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt 6 ounces chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Dip truffles in the melted chocolate mixture and return to the waxed paper. Set aside until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- White or milk chocolate chips can be used in place of the semi-sweet for the coating.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 5.3 8 0.9 4 11 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
These were pretty good. The coffee flavor was strong, which I like, but if you want a milder mocha taste, I'd cut back on the coffee a bit. I don't use microwaves, so I melted this in my double ...
I followed the advice of another review and add only half the amount of coffee and it was amazing...however the coffee I used was a bold strong roast so it still added the flavor. I also chocola...
Used chopped cashews for the granules and white chips for coating - A big hit -
These are really easy to make but you need to keep them pretty small as they are too rich to eat more than a bite or two. I coated mine in white chocolate and then rolled them in crushed pistach...
Made these twice for the Christmas holidays. I used white melted chocolate chips for the coating both times. Have to be very careful when melting white choc. because it seizes. Shared the rec...