Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 75
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt 24 ounces chocolate chips in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Mix cream cheese, coffee granules, and water into melted chocolate until smooth. Chill chocolate mixture until firm enough to shape, about 30 minutes.
- Shape chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Chill truffles until firm, at least 1 to 2 hours.
- Melt 6 ounces chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 3 minutes.
- Dip truffles in the melted chocolate mixture and return to the waxed paper. Set aside until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- White or milk chocolate chips can be used in place of the semi-sweet for the coating.
Per Serving: 75 calories; 5.3 8 0.9 4 11 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
These were pretty good. The coffee flavor was strong, which I like, but if you want a milder mocha taste, I'd cut back on the coffee a bit. I don't use microwaves, so I melted this in my double ...
I followed the advice of another review and add only half the amount of coffee and it was amazing...however the coffee I used was a bold strong roast so it still added the flavor. I also chocola...
These are really easy to make but you need to keep them pretty small as they are too rich to eat more than a bite or two. I coated mine in white chocolate and then rolled them in crushed pistach...
Made these twice for the Christmas holidays. I used white melted chocolate chips for the coating both times. Have to be very careful when melting white choc. because it seizes. Shared the rec...
Used chopped cashews for the granules and white chips for coating - A big hit -