- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir one of the raspberry packages together with the sugar and 2 tablespoons apple juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reserve the second container of raspberries.
- Cook the raspberries for about 5 minutes until the sugar is dissolved into the juice, the raspberries start to soften, and the juice comes to a simmer.
- Whisk the remaining tablespoon of apple juice with the cornstarch and add to the simmering raspberries. Cook for 1-2 minutes more, then stir in the remaining fresh raspberries.
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash and spoon the raspberry filling into the center of each square.
- Lift one corner of each square and carefully fold diagonally to make triangle-shaped puff pastry packets, pressing gently to seal the pastry edges.
- Transfer the turnovers to the prepared baking sheets. Brush egg wash on each turnover and sprinkle with raw sugar, if desired.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the pastries are puffed and golden brown. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before serving.
- Turnovers can be refrigerated for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Reheat in a 300 degree F oven or toaster oven until warm.
Per Serving: 389 calories; 24.2 38 5.7 23 163 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I've made this for a while but it's much easier than this recipe & still delicious. Buy pastry sheets in the freezer section at you grocery. Thaw cut in half & stretch. Add fresh fruit or canned...
Made this recipe exactly and they turned out beautifully. Next time I'll try a different filling. Easy and impressive!
I was tempted to add vanilla and maybe some cinnamon, but after tasting the sauce, I decided I like the flavor of the fresh raspberries just the way they are. I had guests, and they all raved. ...
I made these according to this recipe with fresh raspberries and they were such a hit! I will try with a short cut next time but they were delicious!!!