Ingredients40 m servings 434
- Bring 2 cups water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; saute red onion until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, broccoli, tempeh, and garlic; saute until kale is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons water, tamari, lime juice, Dijon mustard, ginger, black pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl; pour over kale mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Spoon quinoa into serving bowls and top with kale mixture.
- Cook's Note:
- Sesame oil can be substituted for the coconut oil, if desired. Soy sauce can replace tamari.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 16 56.7 21.6 0 794 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
We made it slightly different but it was great! I didn't have quinoa, I imagine that would give it a nuttier flavor. Since we used rice I added 2 tbsp of peanut butter and chopped nuts on top....
just finished a bowl. Yum! I added a bit of tahini to the sauce.