Rice Cooker Risotto
"I found a recipe similar to this one years ago on Allrecipes and haven't been able to find it again. Luckily, I remembered the basics of it. After some trial and error, I have it figured out! This basic recipe is a creamy comfort food that is very versatile, in that you can add any meat and veggies combos you want to make it your own."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 268
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the rice and heated chicken stock into the rice cooker.
- Press Start and let cook until the cycle has completed and has shifted to Keep Warm setting. Let rice sit with cover remaining on the rice cooker until the rice is completely tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the rice and stir.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you have a small rice cooker, you may want to halve the measurements.
- Depending on your rice cooker you may not need to leave the risotto sit for that extra 10 minutes. The bottom may burn so check it the first time you make it to see how your rice cooker handles. If the risotto comes out too thick, add a little more warm broth to thin it out, stir to incorporate together.
- You can use beef stock for chicken stock, if preferred.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 4.3 46.9 9.4 12 718 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I don't have a rice cooker however I do have an instant pot, and so I sautéed the rice in a little bit of olive oil until it was translucent, then added the chicken broth and cooked for 7 minute...