Ingredients45 m servings 277 cals
- Put rinsed rice into the pan of a rice cooker.
- Stir coconut milk, water, about half of the coconut, turmeric, and salt together in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat; cook until the turmeric is completely dissolved into the milk mixture and the color is even. Pour the coconut milk mixture over the rice.
- Press Start and cook until the cycle completes and shifts to the Warm cycle, about 22 minutes. Leave rice on Warm for another 5 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Toast remaining coconut in hot skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff cooked rice. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the rice.
- Cook's Note:
- Unsweetened coconut may be used, but know that the coconut flavor will be much more mild.
- Use basmati or jasmine rice.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 11.4 g fat; 39.7 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 136 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Very Good! I do not own a rice cooker, so I just did this on the stove and that worked out great. We really enjoyed the coconut flavor, and loved the addition of the toasted coconut on top. I wo...
Thanks for the recipe, I loved how easy it was, and adding turmeric gives it a beautiful color. I though the first steps defeated the whole purpose of using a rice cooker, so I skipped boiling i...
I had started making this dish and thought I was out of Turmeric (found it hiding in the cupboard the next day). I substituted the same measurement of turmeric with curry powder and the rice tas...