Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 185 cals
- Soak flax seeds in a bowl of water for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Blend almonds in a food processor or blender until finely chopped; transfer to a bowl. Mix sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cocoa nibs, cocoa powder, maca powder, chia seeds, spirulina powder, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt into almonds.
- Process dates in the food processor or blender; add to almond mixture.
- Combine tahini, almond butter, honey, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Slowly mix almond mixture into tahini mixture until it holds together. Form mixture into bite-size balls.
- Spread coconut in a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in the coconut until coated. Chill balls in the refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- One ball is easy to digest, helping avoid cramps if you do physical exercise right after eating.
- All ingredients can be varied according to preference and availability: simply try to maintain the ratio of wet to dry ingredients.
- Substitute 1/4 cup soaked green raisins for the dates, if desired. Pumpkin seeds can replace sunflower seeds. If pumpkin seeds are used, pulse in the food processor. Peanut butter can replace the almond butter.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 13 g fat; 15.7 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 35 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
These turned out very well! I doubled the recipe and had to substitute for a few of the ingredients that our local grocer didn't have and they were great. The kids like them too. We will keep t...