Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 641
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 burritos)
- Mix diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, 1 chopped onion, salsa seasoning mix, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; refrigerate until the salsa flavors blend, at least 1 hour.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pork steaks in the boiling water until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove pork steaks from water and cut into pieces.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir pork and remaining 1 chopped onion in the hot butter until onion is tender, about 30 minutes. Mix refried beans, burrito seasoning, and 1/2 of the salsa into the pork mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spoon pork mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll tortilla around the filling. Place burritos in a baking dish. Top burritos with chili and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve burritos with remaining salsa.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute frozen chili for the canned, if desired.
Per Serving: 641 calories; 31.9 65.8 24.2 84 1938 Full nutrition