d'Anjou Pear and Almond Tarts
"I don't have a real sweet tooth so I wanted to make a dessert that wasn't too decadent. We love these tarts because they're just enough sweet with that unique pear taste and the crunch of almonds, a lot like apple pie. For those of you who make your own pie crust, it will make them that much better! I think these would pear well with your favourite cup of tea or a bubbly glass of Prosecco. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 195
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 3-inch tarts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Stir brown sugar, melted butter, balsamic vinegar, and cinnamon together in a bowl; stir in pears and chopped almonds until completely coated. Spoon pear mixture into tart shells.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you want to up the decadence, toss some extra chopped almonds in simmering butter and brown sugar until they get nice and syrupy, then add them on top of the tarts for the final 10 minutes of baking, and then once out of the oven drizzle with chocolate!
- I used grass-fed butter, fair-trade sugar, and organic pears.
Per Serving: 195 calories; 8.3 29.7 1.8 4 101 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2