Ingredients20 m servings 1088
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk eggs, milk, and flour together in a shallow bowl. Stir panko bread crumbs and seasoned bread crumbs together in another bowl.
- Gently dip halibut squares into egg mixture, the press gently into bread crumbs mixture to generously coat completely. Place breaded halibut in a single layer on a plate while breading the rest.
- Cook halibut in preheated oil until golden brown and crisp on the outside, 4 to 6 minutes.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 1088 calories; 95.2 34 32.8 131 516 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
This is just the kind of fish and chip breading we love. I used wild Alaskan Cod because halibut was $20 a pound (and I was being cheap...though I prefer halibut). I did cut the filets lengthwis...
Hands down the best breading I've ever made!! The only thing that I would change is the size of the chunks of fish. By the time the fish was cooked through the breading was almost too crispy. Th...
Something about the combination of bread and Panko crumbs creates a great crunchy crust!! It's a keeper for any type fish you fry! We have used it on walleye too!! Yum!
Will definitely make again. This will be our go to fish batter recipe! Next time we'll try smaller nugget sized pieces.