Ingredients1 h servings 112
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, garlic, and cumin together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add skirt steak, onion, and red bell peppers; toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steak, onion, and peppers from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until oil shimmers. Cook and stir steak in hot oil until browned on all sides and still pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer meat to a plate, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and peppers in hot oil until just tender but still crisp to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Return meat to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any color bell peppers in place of the red bell peppers, if desired.
- You can use flank steak, carne asada, or chicken in place of the skirt steak, if desired.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 112 calories; 7.2 4.3 7.3 18 20 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I tasted the marinade before I added the meat and veggies, and I knew this wouldn't fly with the family, or me. I added about 4 tsp. Worcestershire and some salt, but the lime flavor was still ...
I followed the recipe exactly as stated and it was perfect. I only marinated for 30 minutes and it was just enough. I did add a little bit of garlic salt after cooking bc the steak needed just a...
Perfect chicken fajitas! The lime juice was not too strong at all. We added some chopped pineapple at the end and had a fabulous meal.
This is wonderful...my only change is that I used all jalapenos and poblanos because we like it a little spicy! Great recipe!
This recipe have three of my favorite things,beef fast and easy.It's great for that after work meal when you just don't feel like cooking.
Marinated flank steak strips 1/4" wide overnight as, 24 hrs. Cooked rest of
I wasn't expecting a stove-top fajitas to taste this good.. ! I used flank steak instead of skirt steak and marinated the sliced meat over night in a Ziploc bag. I didn't marinate the onion and ...