Ingredients1 h servings 112
- Whisk lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, garlic, and cumin together in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add skirt steak, onion, and red bell peppers; toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate in the refrigerator, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steak, onion, and peppers from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat until oil shimmers. Cook and stir steak in hot oil until browned on all sides and still pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer meat to a plate, tent with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and peppers in hot oil until just tender but still crisp to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Return meat to skillet; cook and stir until heated through.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any color bell peppers in place of the red bell peppers, if desired.
- You can use flank steak, carne asada, or chicken in place of the skirt steak, if desired.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 112 calories; 7.2 4.3 7.3 18 20 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
I followed the recipe exactly as stated and it was perfect. I only marinated for 30 minutes and it was just enough. I did add a little bit of garlic salt after cooking bc the steak needed just a...
I tasted the marinade before I added the meat and veggies, and I knew this wouldn't fly with the family, or me. I added about 4 tsp. Worcestershire and some salt, but the lime flavor was still ...
I wasn't expecting a stove-top fajitas to taste this good.. ! I used flank steak instead of skirt steak and marinated the sliced meat over night in a Ziploc bag. I didn't marinate the onion and ...
Perfect chicken fajitas! The lime juice was not too strong at all. We added some chopped pineapple at the end and had a fabulous meal.
This was a good recipe for fajitas. Along with steak, I used prawns and it turned out well too.
Perfect fajitas. With sour cream and shredded cheese, this is amazing!
As a novice cook, this recipe is very user friendly and tasty to boot ?? A couple of things... - I added a bit of garlic salt and pepper to the chicken before I marinated it. - I didn't marinat...
This is wonderful...my only change is that I used all jalapenos and poblanos because we like it a little spicy! Great recipe!