Vegetarian Burrito of Guiltless Gluttony
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 678 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Cover to keep warm.
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium-low heat; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red bell pepper; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir refried beans, chili powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper into the skillet. Increase heat to medium and cook until beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in 1/4 cup cilantro and a splash of lime juice. Cover and keep warm.
- Set out black olives, tomato, onion, and jalapeno pepper in small bowls, buffet style. Squeeze a little lime juice over each bowl; season with salt. Place yogurt, Cheddar cheese, and 1/4 cup cilantro in bowls alongside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Cook each tortilla until lightly charred, about 30 seconds per side.
- Spread a spoonful of the refried bean mixture over each tortilla. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese on top to melt over the beans. Spread a spoonful of rice over the cheese. Layer yogurt, black olives, tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro on top. Fold in opposing edges of the tortilla and roll up to cover the filling.
- Cook's Note:
- You can alter this to make it nachos or chip dip or burrito salad, but the staple of it is the spicy beans. Three things bring this recipe to life: burn your tortillas, use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and all the spice goes into the beans. Everything else is just personal burrito preference.
Per Serving: 678 calories; 19.8 g fat; 99.5 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 15 mg cholesterol; 1617 mg sodium. Full nutrition