Quick Ginger Pork Stir Fry
Ingredients45 m servings 252
- Whisk soy sauce, cider vinegar, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, garlic, and salt together in a large glass or ceramic bowl until marinade is smooth. Transfer 1 tablespoon marinade to a separate small bowl. Add pork to remaining marinade in the large bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate briefly, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat until glistening. Cook and stir pork pieces in hot oil until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes. Transfer pork to a plate and return skillet to heat.
- Stir red bell pepper and onion into the same skillet and drizzle remaining oil over the top. Cook and stir until vegetables are slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and water chestnuts to onion mixture, drizzle 1 tablespoon reserved marinade over the top and sprinkle with ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender yet still crisp to the bite, about 5 minutes. Return pork to skillet; cook and stir until heated through, about 1 minute more.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute grated fresh ginger for the ground ginger, if desired. You can use any color bell pepper instead of red, if desired. You can substitute 4 green onions for the 1/2 onion, if desired.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 252 calories; 12.3 19.1 17 39 906 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Made as written and although I would have preferred fresh veggies over the frozen, it was perfect for a night in which I was pressed for time. The pork stayed SUPER tender and even after being r...
I didn't have hoisin sauce so that was missing but we really enjoyed it. I will purchase the missing ingredient and make again.
We ate it so fast that there was only decimation before we could get a picture. We have a covered dish event this weekend coming up, and guess what i’m making serving 10.
I substituted the frozen veg for fresh Korean cabbage, kale, and cauliflower, served over rice. I also had no hoisin sauce, and used coconut oil to fry everything in. Turned out marv. I didn't r...