Kathy's Sauteed Kale
Ingredients20 m servings 67
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kale to garlic, working in batches if needed; cook and stir until beginning to wilt, about 5 minutes.
- Stir water and vegetable base together in a small bowl until dissolved; pour over kale. Cook mixture until liquid is reduced, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix soy sauce and black pepper into kale.
- Cook's Note:
- This is a tasty side dish. I serve it with tofu and rice and some sauteed baby bella mushrooms for a wonderful vegetarian meal. I want to try adding some onions and mushrooms to it as well...or sliced red peppers...there is a lot that can be done! Enjoy.
- You can tear kale into smaller pieces or leave whole as I do. Depending on the kind of kale you have, you may want to remove any thick stalks first.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 67 calories; 2.4 10.4 3.4 0 85 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love kale and thought this looked like a very simple recipe to prepare for a weeknight side dish. It was very easy to get together and used simple ingredients which I liked. I did let mine ...
I love kale and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. This is simple and packed with flavor. I made it exactly as written and found it to be seasoned perfectly. I will definitely be ex...
Tasty way to eat your kale! I sauteed onion with the garlic which added additional taste. I served with grilled chicken and brown rice made with vegetable boullion instead of plain water. Delic...
Tasty way to get your greens! I cooked it in the same pan as some sausage had been cooked so it added a bit of that flavor.