Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 371
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove sausage from skillet, draining grease. Cut sausage into thin rounds.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in the same skillet until browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine sausage, onion mixture, beef broth, diced tomatoes, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot, and simmer until soup flavors blend, about 1 hour.
- Bring soup to a boil, add tortellini, and cook until tortellini are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- We prefer cheese-garlic pork sausage with less fat.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 371 calories; 20.4 26.4 19.2 62 1583 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
This recipe is the best! I used ground sausage and made it into meatballs to make it easier for my MIL and FIL to eat. It turned out amazing this way. My husband loved it as well! I will b...
Mr. LTH, unsolicited, said, "Tell them Mr. LTH loves this." There you go... I used ground beef in place of sausage because I just don't care for sausage. To make up for some of the lost seaso...
Excellent! Used ground pork and rolled into mini meatballs. Also needed to add another 32 oz. carton of broth after I cooked the tortellini, but I used dry tortellini. Fresh tort. may not ha...
My husband and I thought this was really very tasty and very satisfying on a cold winter night. Easy to make, too. The only change I'd make, and that's just because there are only two of us, i...
My husband gave this a rating of five stars, which he rarely does, which is really saying something. He thought it was very good. I cut the sausage first before cooking just to speed up the co...
The sausage stuck to the bottom of my 2-quart pot. It would be better if made in a non-stick pan. Also, it would be better with spinach.
I added more tortellini. So easy to make, my husband and I loved it, great left over, too!
I love making soups and this one is delicious. However as I always do I make a few little side changes by adding a few extra goodies. I did however make this without the tomatoes I'm not a fan o...