Spicy Lemon Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 403 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a cake pan.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; add eggs and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Mix lemon zest into creamed butter mixture.
- Sift cake flour into a separate bowl. Add baking powder, salt, and ginger; stir. Beat 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture on low speed until flour mixture is completely incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Stir lemon juice and 2 tablespoons milk into flour-butter mixture; mix on low speed until completely incorporated. Stir the remaining milk and whisky, alternating with the flour mixture, into the flour-butter mixture until batter is well mixed. Scrape batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can adjust the quantity of whisky depending on your personal preferences by using more whisky and less milk or less whisky and more milk. Keep in mind that the amount of liquid (whisky and milk combined) is 1 cup.
- The amount of ginger powder is up to your personal preferences, too. I use A LOT of both whisky and ginger. You can decorate your cake with candied ginger Personally, I don't have the time for decoration because I have to fight the family off as soon as it's out of the oven. Down boy!
Per Serving: 403 calories; 16.7 g fat; 53.8 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 72 mg cholesterol; 220 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1