Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 2-inch squares)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square metal, ceramic, or glass baking pan with 2 long pieces of aluminum foil, layering the pieces across one another and crimping the overhang over the sides of the pan.
- Make the crust: Whisk the coconut flour, almond flour, sugar, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut, poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Whisk the butter, applesauce, and egg yolk together in a small bowl, then stir into the crust.
- Press the crust evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges just start to brown. (Baking time will be slightly longer for ceramic and glass pans than for metal pans.)
- While the crust bakes, make the filling: Whisk the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and applesauce together in a medium mixing bowl until the eggs are well blended.
- Whisk in the sugar and cornstarch.
- Pour the filling over the baked crust and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes more, until the filling is set.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then use the long edges of the foil to carefully lift the bars out of the pan and onto the rack.
- Cool to room temperature, then peel the foil off. Dust the bars with powdered sugar and sprinkle with poppy seeds, then cut into squares or longer bars.
- Bars can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 5.1 12.9 2.4 63 49 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1