Gluten Free Almond Mini Tarts
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 mini tarts)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the crust: Pulse the oat flour, almond flour, tapioca flour, sugar, and salt together in a food processor for 5 seconds to blend.
- Add the cubed butter and pulse 8-10 times more until a moist, crumbly dough starts to form. Add the applesauce and blend until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and use your fingers to press the dough into 6 mini tart pans (or 1 9-inch tart pan if you don't have mini shells), making sure the dough rises slightly above the edges of each pan.
- Place the tarts on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes while the oven heats.
- Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, until they start to brown at the edges. Remove from the oven and cool the crusts to room temperature.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375 degrees F.
- Make the filling: Beat the egg, almond paste, and applesauce together with an electric hand mixer on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add the oat flour and powdered sugar, and beat on low speed to blend thoroughly.
- Divide the almond custard evenly between the cooled tart crusts.
- Pit and slice the peaches into 1/4-inch thick half-moons and fan the peach slices across each tart crust. Whisk the jam with 1 tablespoon water to make a glaze. Brush the peaches with the glaze using a pastry brush. Return the tarts to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes more, until the custard is matte and puffy at the edges. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Leftover tarts can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days, though the peaches may brown slightly. Makes 6 mini tarts (or 1 9-inch tart).
Per Serving: 332 calories; 19.9 34.7 6.4 51 177 Full nutrition