Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 50 m servings 319
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Whisk flour, crystallized ginger, ground ginger, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat shortening and sugar together in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat flour mixture and cold water into egg mixture until dough is well-combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Press chilled dough into a 7x11-inch baking dish. Spread apricot preserves over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown around the edges, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool for 1 hour before cutting into bars.
You might also like
Per Serving: 319 calories; 14.8 44.7 3.2 51 84 Full nutrition