Ingredients10 m servings 172
- Place chickpeas in a blender; top with olive oil, lime juice, tahini, and garlic. Blend mixture until smooth. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until desired consistency is reached. Add paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin; blend until incorporated.
- Cook's Note:
- Try different brands of chickpeas, as they will yield different consistencies (smoother, chunkier, etc.).
- I use lime juice, but lemon works if you prefer. I put a little under 1/4 cup so it is a little more subtle.
- People tend to enjoy different amounts of tahini, distinct and thick. I put in a little under 1/4 cup.
- Cumin is a strong spice, so try a little under a 1/4 teaspoon first to see if you would want more.
- Depending on your consistency preferences and the type of blending unit being used, you may want/need anywhere up to 1/4 cup water.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 12.5 13.1 3.3 0 146 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
This recipe is very similar to the one I currently use (South Beach Diet). Instead of water I use the liquid from the can of chick peas.
LOVED this! I did add a bit of salt, but other than that, this was perfect for us! Instead of using water to get the right consistency, I used the reserved liquid from the chickpeas b/c that's h...
Our favorite hummus recipe so far. I typically add some roasted red peppers to this as well.
Turned out delicious! No changes needed, but this is a great recipe to add different spices or swap ingredients like basil, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes etc. This is my new go to hummus ...
This is the best hummus I've made yet. I added some lime zest and salt, otherwise made no recipe changes.
The name says it all. Very well balanced simple hummus with a kick. Like many others I prefer to use the reserved chickpea liquid instead of water for attaining the desired consistancy
This was great hummus! We loved the kick the cayenne added. Like others, I used the liquid from the chickpeas in place of water.
So easy to prepare, and a huge bonus is the ease of customization.