Valentine's Day Cookies from Reynolds® Kitchens
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with Reynolds(R) Parchment Paper; set aside. No need to add extra grease or spray your cookie sheets. Knead flour into sugar cookie dough until well blended. Roll out half of cookie dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness between lightly floured sheets of Parchment Paper. Using Valentine cookie cutters, cut out cookies; place on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 12 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies or until the edges begin to brown. Let stand one minute on cookie sheets. Slide Parchment Paper with cookies onto a wire racks to cool completely.
- Icing and Decorating: Beat powdered sugar, meringue powder, water and extract in a large bowl, with an electric mixer, on high speed until smooth and thick, about 1 minute.
- Divide icing into 3 small bowls. Leave one bowl of icing white. Stir food coloring in remaining 2 bowls to make pink and red icing of desired color. Cover icing tightly when not in use, icing dries quickly.
- Pipe outlines of cookies with contrasting colors of icing using a decorating bag with tip. Or, place icing in plastic zipper bags. Snip off one corner with scissors and use to pipe icing.
- FOR SUGARED OUTLINES, sprinkle heavily with sugar crystals or nonpareils while icing is wet. Lightly shake off excess crystals.
- TIP: Sprinkle over Parchment Paper to catch excess for reuse.
- TO ICE INSIDE OUTLINES, add a little water to thin icing, if necessary. Spoon a small amount of icing onto outlined cookies. Using a brush, small spatula or your finger, spread icing up to outline to fill in spaces.
- FOR OTHER DECORATIONS, use same techniques for piping dots, drizzles or to write messages.
- REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIPS: --Cover icing at all times. Icing can dry out quickly. --Let icing dry before adding a different color of icing. If icing is still wet, colors will blend.
Per Serving: 186 calories; 4.9 34.2 1.4 2 75 Full nutrition