Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 356
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Grease foil with olive oil.
- Arrange eggplant halves cut-sides-down onto the prepared baking sheet. Pierce skin of eggplant several times with a fork.
- Roast eggplant in preheated oven until soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Scoop the flesh from the eggplant halves onto a cutting board; chop into small chunks and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ground turkey, carrot, onion, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper with the eggplant chunks until ingredients are somewhat evenly mixed together. Gently mix almond flour into the eggplant mixture; scoop with an ice cream scoop onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake meatballs in oven for 15 minutes, flip the meatballs, and bake until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more.
- While the meatballs bake, heat marinara sauce in saucepan over medium-low heat until hot; add baked meatballs to the sauce and stir to coat.
- Cook's Notes:
- I added sliced mushrooms to my sauce and made this dish extra special!
- These can be made with ground beef in place of ground turkey.
- You can use 1/4 cup fresh basil in place of the dried.
- Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs are a traditional substitute for the almond flour here.
- If your eggplant is too watery after roasting, drain it in a colander for 10 minutes before making meatballs.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 356 calories; 19.6 23.7 24 92 768 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 31
I omitted the parmesan cheese (allergies) and they were still the best meatballs i have ever made. the entire family liked them! I also used almond flour.
I have been using this site for many many years and never reviewed anything. I had to let others know that this is a totally kid friendly recipe! Not only were these meatballs were very moist ...
I followed the directions exactly. The finished meatballs were very tender. When I make these again, and I will--I will add more garlic or some aromatic to jump up the flavor a touch. Oh, I use...
A delicious and healthy meal! I sautéed onions and garlic, added half to the meatballs and used the other half to boost the flavor on the bottled sauce I was using. I included the Parmesan ch...
Very good. I mixed it all up in a food processor starting with the hardest vegetables first. The mixture is pretty gooey this way. However, it all cooked up into nice, firm and tasty meatball...
So this got me to write a comment after cooking many recipes posted on this site. I grew eggplant because I like to experiment and like the beauty of the plant. I had never cooked it but this re...
This was very good and a great way to get my son to eat eggplant. I did make a couple of changes due to not having some ingredients on hand. I used ground whole wheat crackers instead of almon...
Just made this. With the exception of carrots-which would have made it sweet. We are loving it. Will definitely make again. I microwaved the eggplant halves for 6 min and it was the perfect a...