Ingredients1 h servings 460 cals
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and fresh basil and bring to a simmer.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir eggplant, mushroom, and red bell pepper until softened, about 10 minutes. Add tomato mixture to eggplant mixture and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 13 minutes. Drain.
- Toss pasta, mozzarella cheese, and tomato sauce together in a bowl.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may need to add spices depending on the tomatoes and vegetables. Season as you feel necessary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 460 calories; 11.9 g fat; 71.3 g carbohydrates; 19.7 g protein; 30 mg cholesterol; 250 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Loved this! Very easy to put together. I added garlic to the onion and used fresh cherry tomatoes and a splash of water instead of the canned. While the sauce was simmering, I added some Italian...
Other than using Farfalle pasta instead of rigatoni and adding 1 large clove of garlic, I followed recipe. I really like all the fresh ingredients and when making this again I will not use canne...
Really great recipe! Like others, I added garlic and Italian seasoning, though I dropped the mushrooms (kids don't like them). Will definitely make again!