Betty Brown's Butter Cookies
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 165 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; mix, 1 cup at a time, into creamed butter mixture until dough is just mixed. Form dough into 1-inch-thick disks and place on a plate; chill in refrigerator, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll disks into desired thickness on a lightly floured work surface using a floured rolling pin. Arrange dough on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are just starting to turn golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sprinkle dough with colored sugar before baking or leave plain if you are going to frost.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 8.2 g fat; 20.5 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 137 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Nice tender sugar cookie and I like the fact that it did not spread after cutting and baking. I did use 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract due to personal taste. Other than th...