French Toast Roll-Ups from Musselman's® Apple Butter
made it | 0 reviews |
Musselman's® Apple Butter
"These breakfast roll-ups with apple butter and cinnamon are baked until golden brown then served with a creamy dipping sauce."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 329 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or grease well (the roll-ups will stick to the pan).
- Flatten a slice of bread with a rolling pin to about half of its original thickness. Spread roughly 1 Tablespoon of apple butter evenly on top. Roll up the bread (apple butter side inward) and set aside, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining bread.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip each roll-up into the egg mixture, completely covering and shake off the excess. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Pull out of the oven, brush the top side with melted butter, flip each roll, then brush the bottoms with butter. (If they stick, gently use a spatula to loosen them.) Leave the bottom side up and bake another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. When the roll-ups are done baking, roll each one in the mixture. Serve warm with dipping sauce (below).
- Dipping Sauce: In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of apple butter until smooth. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar and then the remaining 2 Tablespoons of milk.
Per Serving: 329 calories; 10.6 g fat; 53.3 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 336 mg sodium. Full nutrition