Clean Eating - Refried Beans
Melissa Lindsey Gibson
Ingredients16 h 15 m servings 132
- Place beans in a slow cooker and cover with 8 cups water; soak for 8 to 10 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans and return to slow cooker; top with 8 cups fresh water.
- Cook beans on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Drain.
- Combine 1/2 cup water, beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a skillet over medium heat; mash beans to desired consistency.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 2.6 20.1 6.9 0 75 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
This is a good method. The overnight soak - cook on low is great. This recipe needs more salt. Also, you don't need the oil at all. I prefer the beans more whole so I didn't smash / mash th...
I made these with Italian barlotti beans because I don't have pinto beans available to me. I enjoyed the ease and healthiness of having refried beans without all the additives and sodium with st...
I added a few chunks of onion and a few cloves of garlic when starting to slow cook to add a little more healthy flavoring. YUM!
I always go to Pollo Loco to get this but I decided to make it myself for the first time ever and guess what! Super easy and I enjoyed it for lunch today.
I had to improvise the amounts and there was too much oil. Easy recipe however.
The beans are easy to prepare. I added diced jalapeno and onions to the slow cooker. I didn't mash them since they were great as is.