Big Game Sugar Steak
Sarah Gilmore de Ruiter
"This steak is a real showstopper! So easy and, despite the copious sugar rub, quite savory and juicy! My family's favorite way to grill steak. This steak comes out perfectly mid-rare every time. Always a winner. Very impressive way to cook steak. The sugar forms a crust sealing in the juices. There is no sugar taste!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 25 m servings 401
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place steak in a large bowl. Knead sugar into meat to form a thick crust. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature; 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook steak on preheated grill until each side is caramelized, about 10 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; place steak on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until steak is starting to firm and is reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 20 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 7.8 40 41.1 78 86 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1