Ingredients35 m servings 345
- Beat eggs, Cheddar cheese, and milk together with a fork in a large bowl.
- Place sausages in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer sausage to a work surface and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is slightly translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add spinach to onion mixture; cook and stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sausage pieces and cook until heated through, about 1 minute more.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into sausage mixture; cook and stir until eggs are set, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir rice, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into eggs.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use Minute Rice® cooked in chicken broth for the cooked brown rice. You can substitute any cheese for the Cheddar cheese, if desired.
- The base for this meal is really the rice, egg, onion, and spinach. Feel free to add and subtract as you please.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 18.6 27.4 16.8 149 341 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Just stuffed my face with this for lunch.. yummy food. I used some ham instead of sausage
A good filling breakfast with flavor. I had to substitute a few things that I didn't have but, that will vary according to what I have next time!
This is quite an interesting dish. I had to omit the garlic because I live with a vampire and I had to substitute kale for spinach because that vampire doesn't care for spinach. I think this n...
A different, delicious and nutritious breakfast, lunch or light supper. I used Himalayan Red rice. It's slightly chewy and has a nutty taste.