Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 554 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings
- Place octopus in a pot and add enough water to cover; add red wine vinegar. Bring liquid to a boil, cover pot, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until a toothpick goes through the thickest part of the octopus smoothly, about 30 minutes. Remove octopus from pot and chop into bite-size pieces. Discard water-vinegar mixture.
- Combine orzo and chicken broth in a small pot over medium heat; allow orzo to absorb the chicken broth, adding more water, about 1 tablespoon at a time, if orzo gets too dry. Cook until orzo is tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 8 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and olives until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Season bell pepper mixture with black pepper.
- Mix orzo, spinach, and octopus into bell pepper mixture until spinach begins to wilt from the heat of the orzo. Add lemon juice to orzo mixture; top with feta cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- For this recipe I used 2 small pots and a large frying pan. Start with the octopus first as this takes the longest to cook. I boiled the octopus with red wine vinegar to tenderize it but choose whichever octopus tenderizing method you like most. Kalamata olives have a strong taste so make sure you like them before adding them to this dish. Go easy on the lemon. Squeeze a little, stir, taste, and then add more according to your liking. I didn't add extra salt because the chicken broth was salty enough. Hope these notes were helpful.
Per Serving: 554 calories; 8.9 g fat; 65.2 g carbohydrates; 50.9 g protein; 120 mg cholesterol; 1352 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1