Bacon-Stuffed French Toast Casserole
"Very kid-friendly! I made this one morning when I was craving French toast and came up with the idea to put bacon inside it somehow! Yummy! The measurements for the sugars and cinnamon can be adjusted to however one likes! Can top with pecans, confectioners' sugar, or whatever else is desired!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 521
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scatter about 1/3 of the butter pats onto the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and arrange 6 slices of bread in a single layer, overlapping as necessary, on top of the butter. Top bread slices with bacon slices.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, and nutmeg over bacon slices. Scatter 1/3 of the butter pats over bacon and top with remaining bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, remaining cinnamon, remaining white sugar, remaining brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Pour over bread mixture into baking dish. Scatter remaining butter pats over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 521 calories; 32.8 35.8 20.5 228 1107 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
For me this was just OK, hubby liked it more than me & would give it 4 stars. A couple of recommendations - melt some of the butter in the baking dish and butter the sides or it will stick. I ...