Bacon-Stuffed French Toast Casserole
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 521 cals
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Scatter about 1/3 of the butter pats onto the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and arrange 6 slices of bread in a single layer, overlapping as necessary, on top of the butter. Top bread slices with bacon slices.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, and nutmeg over bacon slices. Scatter 1/3 of the butter pats over bacon and top with remaining bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, remaining cinnamon, remaining white sugar, remaining brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Pour over bread mixture into baking dish. Scatter remaining butter pats over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 521 calories; 32.8 g fat; 35.8 g carbohydrates; 20.5 g protein; 228 mg cholesterol; 1107 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
For me this was just OK, hubby liked it more than me & would give it 4 stars. A couple of recommendations - melt some of the butter in the baking dish and butter the sides or it will stick. I ...